If you spend most of your work time standing or walking, you need to invest in the best pair of work shoes for women. Consider features like weight, outsoles, cushioning, fastening, and more so you can make the most informed choice.
You can decide to go for safety shoes such as steel toe boots, or other options like waterproof sneakers, comfortable loafers and flats, sandals, or even crocs. These different shoe designs will be excellent for many environments such as hospitals or nursing facilities, restaurants, construction sites, schools, offices, and even flights.
While picking an appealing shoe is easy, you also need to pay attention to your feet. Understand your pronation and exact foot size so you can get the best work shoe for you. The following are five women's workplace shoes you can give a try now, depending on your profession.
1. Best Women Work Sneaker: Vessi Everyday Sneaker
If you need a relaxed shoe to spend the whole day in, you might want to consider a sneaker. Even better, a waterproof sneaker. That way you don't need to worry about hitting water puddles on your way to work and spending the day with frozen toes after.
Vessi is a leading shoe company that designs waterproof shoes for men and women. Their 100% waterproof shoes promote sustainable living, are cruelty-free, and are well-cushioned to eliminate injuries like sore heels and blisters.
This mist grey Everyday waterproof sneaker also comes in different colors and sizes, so you are sure to get yours without too much hassle. In addition, it is designed with a breathable upper that features Dyma-Tex technology, a Vessi patented breathable knit that not only blocks out moisture but keeps your feet cool all day.
One thing you need to consider when buying a work shoe is how comfortable you will feel at the end of your shift. With Vessi sneakers, however, you don't have to worry about that. They come with a sturdy, bouncy sole featuring a herringbone grip so you won't slide even on wet surfaces.
The shoe also comes with a soft insole that gently contours to the shape of your foot, thus ideal for normal pronation, supination, and overpronation. While the insole provides cloud-like comfort, it also comes with a built-in anti-odor layer to eliminate smelly feet. The anti-bacterial insoles are also removable, so you can clean them whenever you want.
In terms of cleaning, it's best to hand-wash the shoes using a toothbrush for the sole and a sponge for the upper. Use warm water, and when done, leave the shoes to air dry.
- 100% waterproof sneakers.
- Made with 100% vegan materials.
- Easy to clean.
- Ideal for all pronations.
- Herringbone grip on the outsole so you won't slip.
- Breathable upper with a lace-up design for the best fit.
- Anti-bacterial insoles for extra comfort.
- Available in different colors.
- 90-day return policy and free shipping (for most orders).
- 1-year manufacturing warranty on all shoes.
2. Best Work Shoes For Women in Office Jobs: Clarks Women's Emslie Lulin Pump
You no longer need to survive long office hours wearing uncomfortable heels only to have your feet sore by the time you get home. With the Clark's Emslie Lulin Pump, you'll get a shoe with a low chunky heel for extra comfort without compromising your style.
This leather shoe features a simple design with an upper sporting an easy hook-and-loop closure. This kind of closure is best when you want a customizable fit, and you want to be sure it will not come off in any circumstance.
You will also enjoy wearing this feminine shoe due to its soft cushioning technology with an ortholite footbed. It is comfortable and warm and will contour to your foot to provide maximum comfort. It comes with a roomy toe box, but you could find it slightly underwhelming if you have wide feet.
The shoe also comes with a rubber sole that features a patterned tread for grip on slippery surfaces. It also folds easily with every footstep to absorb shock and also last long. The 2.16" heel height will not make it hard to walk in this shoe.
The black color of this shoe complements office wear. However, it is also ideal for professionals like flight attendants because it makes no noise when you walk. It comes in different sizes and at an affordable price.
- Ideal for office, flights, and more.
- Made with 100% top-grain leather to make it water-resistant.
- Features an easy-to-use hook-and-loop closure so you can adjust the fit.
- The low and chunky heel is best when you have to be on your feet a lot.
- Easy to clean.
- Ideal for all types of pronations.
- Perfectly cushioned to contour to your foot and arrest shock with every step.
- Comes at an affordable price.
- Features a rubber sole with a patterned tread for better grip.
- Only available in black.
3. Best Loafer Women's Work Shoes: Dr. Scholl's Webster Loafer
Now, this is a pair of workplace shoes you should get if you're looking for comfort, style, and even compliments. It's a loafer you can walk and stand in for ten hours straight without pressure to your feet or back.
It's designed for working women and comes with a slip-on, relaxed fit. The shoe upper is made with faux leather and features a strap accent, a back pull tab, and adorable gold feel-good linings. Thus, it is an easy-to-wear shoe and also easy to clean. It's even a bit water-resistant.
The synthetic sole is best for shock absorption and features a patterned tread design that improves your grip with every stride. Note, however, the outsole could make some unwanted noises on a tiled surface after a while.
The shoe shaft has a low-top from the arch, and the heel measures 1.26 inches. It comes with an almond toe and a Be Energized insole that uses memory foam technology to softly contour to the shape of your foot for maximum support.
The shoe is best for office wear and other work environments. It has a true-to-fit size, comes in different color options, and a relatively affordable price.
- The simple slip-on oxford design is best when on the clock.
- Comes with a synthetic sole with durable lugs for grip even on wet surfaces.
- Be Energized insoles use memory foam to contour to your foot for maximum support and comfort.
- Made with faux leather, which makes it easy to clean and water-resistant.
- Features a comfortable heel height so you can wear it for long periods.
- Almond toe is great for many foot shapes and sizes.
- Available at an affordable price and in different colors.
- The synthetic sole may make some noise on tiles floors.
4. Best Women's Safety Shoes: Skechers Workshire Peril Steel Toe Boot
If you need the most comfortable work shoes for outdoor environments such as landscaping, construction, and more this pair of Skechers steel toe boots is your ideal buy.
The black or brown relaxed fit boots come in a lace-up design and with an upper made of 100% leather. They will withstand water to keep your feet dry and will protect you from debris as well. The upper also comes with a high tongue and durable metal eyelets so you can adjust the fit to suit your activities.
It also features a sturdy heel counter that makes the fit much better. The boots also come with padded insoles that contour to your foot for support and comfort. They are also padded inside for warmth, making them a great option for the winter months. The collar also features soft padding, thus reducing the need for a long break-in period while also protecting against outside elements.
The shoes also come with synthetic soles that feature tread patterns for anti-slip capabilities. The shaft is 5.25", and the heel height is 1.5 inches from the ground.
This women's work boot is available in different sizes, including half-sizes, and meets different ASTM and EH standards.
- Best women work shoe for construction and other outdoor environments.
- Comes with enough padding for comfort and warmth.
- Made with full-grain leather for durability.
- Comes with an anti-slip outsole.
- Doesn't require long break-in periods.
- Smart shoes to wear off-work.
- Meets ASTM safety requirements.
- Ideal for all pronations.
- The lace-up design is ideal for adjustable fits.
- Perfect for cold seasons.
- A bit heavy.
5. Best for Nurses and Restaurant Jobs: Sticky Waterproof Non-Slip Pro Shoes
When your profession demands you spend most of your day on your feet, you've got to look for shoes that offer protection from blisters, foot pain, lower backaches, and other safety features. Clogs are great for nurses, chefs, and other essential service providers.
They are easy to break in, come in various colors, are easy to clean, and are relatively affordable. This pair of Sticky clogs features a rubber sole with a lug for grip and support when working. The sole also comes with a shock absorber and anti-torsion system. The shoe upper is made of a 100% synthetic material that repels water and dirt. Additionally, the shoe is easy to clean and dry fast.
If you're going to be standing for long periods of time in these shoes, the arch support will provide extra stability. The platform measures one inch, and the shoe fits true to size. You will be able to stand or walk all day in these shoes without discomfort, fatigue, or sore feet at the end of your shift.
- Available in different colors.
- Comes with a rubber sole with a tread pattern so you can walk on slippery surfaces.
- Provides maximum arch support.
- Waterproof upper is also easy to clean.
- Comes with an absorbent footbed to keep your feet dry.
- True-to-size women sizes.
- Great work shoe for nurses and restaurant workers.
How to Buy The Best Work Shoes for Women
Reporting for work shifts sometimes means being on your feet for up to 12 hours a day. Those are many hours that call for comfortable work shoes. If you want to prevent painful feet and back, you might need to put fashion trends and styles aside and concentrate on these four features.
Comfort for women's work shoes is about how your foot is supported, how soft the insole feels, and how the outsole absorbs shock with every step you take.
When you choose your best shoes for work, ensure you understand your pronation first. Different shoes work better for different pronations, so for example, you may need a flat shoe if you tend to supinate or overpronate. Once you get your pronation right, observe the following features when you choose your comfortable work shoe.
- Upper material and how long you need to break in the shoe.
- Insole padding.
- Sole flexibility and shock absorption.
- Shoe design, whether slip-on, lace-up, or more.
As you need to walk in your work shoe for long periods of time, you will need to ensure the outsole offers anti-slip protection, electrocution protection, and more. The best work shoe needs to come with a rubber or synthetic sole to absorb moisture on wet floors and not conduct electricity if your workplace poses an electric current risk.
In addition, look for an ideal tread pattern that increases stability and grip on any surface you walk on.
You may need to trek a whooping 15 miles every day at work. Now, while it is important to ensure your feet and body can handle this mileage, it will save you more money to get a high-quality shoe that can last long under the conditions.
When looking for new options for your next workplace shoe, look for what kind of materials are used on the upper, midsole, and outsole. The best work shoes for women will be made with leather or synthetic materials that can repel not only water but also wear. Using them daily for many months or years shouldn't affect their durability.
Bonus tip! While the aspects mentioned above should be what you consider first when it comes to new work shoes, if you're still not sure what to pick, then look a the style. Find a work shoe that compliments your work outfits and your workplace's dress codes. How you feel about yourself at work impacts your productivity!
Your next women's work shoe style helps you choose which shoes you love the most, from options like the Vessi sneakers to the Skecher safety boots.